Tuesday, 13 March 2012

feels like Christmas!

 My starter kit arrived yesterday - really felt like Christmas again - a huge box full of goodies! After removing a mountain of brown paper, these shots are some of the contents - I got 4 stamp sets, including the broadsheet alphabet, which came as an extra for signing up in March.
Another of my chosen sets was the Greenhouse garden, which was the one I picked to start playing (working)  with...........
and straightaway I found out the major omission in the starter kit - no stamp-a-ma-jig! Now logically, if you are going to include a two-step stamp as a basic part of the kit, then you ought to include the essential accessory, yes?
The only similar stamp I have used before has been the mini Cath Kidston style set at a stampers 6 evening at Lisa's, where I managed fine without a gadget - doesn't work with greenhouse garden though!
I fiddled around and made a rough one using a couple of acrylic blocks, which worked reasonably well after a couple of tries. Needless to say, said gadget is now on the 'need'  list................
 I used a ready-made square card blank in  white as a base. the torn panel across the middle was [art of a larger piece of whisper white card stamped with almost all the French foliage stamps in pear pizazz ink. The flower was stamped in baja breeze and black inks, cut out and layered over the torn panel with dimensionals - leaves from French foliage again, this time in old olive ink. Greeting from a SAB set I won in the raffle at the last all-day event at Hethersett, also stamped in old olive.
The next day at Hethersett is on 29th April - details on Lisa's blog for anyone interested

No comments:

Post a Comment