Monday, 3 December 2012
The make that I really liked was a set of coasters - the one I made on the day was the top one, bottom was one I made at home yesterday.
The first tile was quite smooth, and could easily be stamped on with stazon - one option was to stamp the tile, colour with promarkers and heat set in the oven, the other to cover the tile with dsp using decopatch glue. Being awkward, I combined the two - stamping on a square of newsprint dsp using the oak tree from Lovely as a tree and colouring with promarkers before pasting onto the tile. I was so pleased with my set of 4 tiles that I managed to snaffle some spare tiles at the end of the day to make some more.
These tiles were much rougher surfaced, and stamping directly onto the tile didn't work well, so I used squares of dsp again and this time stamped with the large image from My friend. I didn't have decopatch glue, but I did have some Studio multimedium, which worked just as well, except that I had a matt finish instead of a glossy one.
These will come in very handy for those secret santa presents -they definitely come in under the £5 limit!