Tuesday, 19 March 2013
this post showing some lovely roses .........having previously been addicted to making roses from the Tim Holtz tattered florals die, I just had to try these,
especially as I already had the blossom punch and some wicker heart shaped decorations that just fell into the trolley at the supermarket................they were ridiculously cheap, and I couldn't leave them there, could I?
The first effort used offcuts of cherry cobbler card for the roses and gumball green for the leaves (another TH die, tattered leaves) and a quick spritz with vanilla swoosh spray. The second one started out with whisper white card - and all the flowers were from just one sheet of A4- that I sponged round the edges after punching out the shapes with distress ink in victorian velvet.
I was quite pleased with these, they were very easy to do, although a glue gun was essential, and I though they looked very realistic
Needless to say, there weren't any left when I went back for more, although I found some similar ones elsewhere - alas, dearer and a murky shade of grey/beige, which are now drying after a couple of heavy coats of cream spray paint.........................