Monday, 15 July 2013

more swaps-updated

 Promised swaps from yesterday - scanned as photos came out lousy (too washed -out, too blurred, too dark - you name it, I got it!).
Scans were just how they fitted on, so stamp sets used are all mixed up - sorry. There is one lovely little swap I shall have another go at photographing - too dimensional to be scanned, and too nice to be forgotten.

last one now added - there was a mini chocolate at the back, now gone (had to eat it before it melted)

Sunday, 14 July 2013


 Have just got back from a day at Peterborough with Monica and Bekka - very hot, and many of the usual people were missing, but we had a good day, and there were even doughnuts left!
One of the fun parts is swapping, the theme today was 'new catalogue' - a wide variety of lovely  swaps now sit in my box, and hopefully some will make it onto the blog once I get the camera out.............and some of the stamp sets that were used  I now NEED............
Anyhow, these were mine, using the ' Simply sketched' new hostess set, which I just love.I made 3 versions - you can tell I get bored doing the same thing all the time!- all as 4" square card fronts. The background in all of them was done using markers, acrylic block and water spray - just scribble on the block with your markers (I used pool party, pear pizazz and wild wasabi), spray with water, and stamp onto your card. - you get a different effect every time.
The bird was stamped with black versafine, coloured with a crumb cake marker and a water brush. The basic version just had the sentiment stamped in the bottom corner, then I decided to pretty it up for the others. Base card for these was pool party, stamped along the bottom with the iris stamp from 'Love and sympathy', coloured with wild wasabi and pool party markers. The bird images were cut using one of the smaller labels framelits - version 2 the label is just glued onto the background, version 3 onto a doily cut from copy paper using the largest from the  the delicate doilies sizzlit.
Apologies for the poor scan of the first one, all the swaps went so I don't have a spare to scan on a coloured background