Sunday, 14 July 2013

swaps

 Have just got back from a day at Peterborough with Monica and Bekka - very hot, and many of the usual people were missing, but we had a good day, and there were even doughnuts left!
One of the fun parts is swapping, the theme today was 'new catalogue' - a wide variety of lovely  swaps now sit in my box, and hopefully some will make it onto the blog once I get the camera out.............and some of the stamp sets that were used  I now NEED............
Anyhow, these were mine, using the ' Simply sketched' new hostess set, which I just love.I made 3 versions - you can tell I get bored doing the same thing all the time!- all as 4" square card fronts. The background in all of them was done using markers, acrylic block and water spray - just scribble on the block with your markers (I used pool party, pear pizazz and wild wasabi), spray with water, and stamp onto your card. - you get a different effect every time.
The bird was stamped with black versafine, coloured with a crumb cake marker and a water brush. The basic version just had the sentiment stamped in the bottom corner, then I decided to pretty it up for the others. Base card for these was pool party, stamped along the bottom with the iris stamp from 'Love and sympathy', coloured with wild wasabi and pool party markers. The bird images were cut using one of the smaller labels framelits - version 2 the label is just glued onto the background, version 3 onto a doily cut from copy paper using the largest from the  the delicate doilies sizzlit.
Apologies for the poor scan of the first one, all the swaps went so I don't have a spare to scan on a coloured background

1 comment:

  1. Sounds as if you had a good day with the new catalogue items. This stamp set caught my eye and is on its way!! I like your differing ideas here. Must try that inki technique - a new one on me.

    ReplyDelete